2021 Huon & Derwent Chardonnay

2021 Huon & Derwent Chardonnay

Regular price $60.00
Unit price  per 
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Cooler vintage with less sun than expected, long growing season which resulted in lower alcohols and higher acids. The fruit is more concentrated than 2020 but with the same acid line and length. Will age well and the oak is well integrated.  

$10 shipping under 3 bottles in Australia

Free shipping over 3 Bottles in Australia

Hand picked, Whole bunch pressed with pressings, wild ferment, full malo, 14% New Oak remaining older oak barrels 228L, 11 months in barrels on full lees, racked once to tank, no fining or filtration(vegan). 14% fruit from Ruscello vineyard (Lubiana Granton estate) and the remainder 86% from the Lucille vineyard( Lubiana Huon Estate). Ruscello vines are roughly 30 years old, grown on sandy loam over gravelly white clay. Lucille vines are between 27-49 years old, grown on sandy loam over clay with cobble stones. No fining or filtration. Mixture of clones. 4 tonnes per hectare cropped. Enjoy!